Social Security Q&A: What Do I Report if I Get SSI Payments?

Social Security Q&A: What Do I Report if I Get SSI Payments?

Question : What do I need to report to Social Security if I get Supplemental Security Income payments?

Answer: You need to report any changes that may affect your payment amount.

This includes changes in your income or resources. You must report changes of address, changes in your living arrangements and changes in your earned and unearned income.

To learn more about SSI, visit our website at .

Q: How do I sign up for Medicare Part B if I already have Part A?

A: If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B, call Social Security’s toll-free number 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).

Or, contact your local Social Security office. To learn more about Medicare, visit our website at .

This column was prepared by the Social Security Administration. For fast answers to specific Social Security questions, contact Social Security toll-free at 800-772-1213 or visit

Author: Tribune News Service

Share This Post On

Our Newspaper Family Includes:

Stay up to date on business happenings in the Upper Valley and beyond with the Enterprise newsletter. Delivered to your inbox once per week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!